Sunday, April 7, 2013

Personalized Special Date Canvas

Yesterday, a good friend of mine had all of us over for a 31st birthday celebration. I wanted to get her a little something as a gift but was struggling with ideas. As I get older, I am finding it a bit more difficult to give gifts to one another and I have to get the creative juices flowing. We are no longer 5 years old and content with Barbie dolls or Hot Wheels cars. We are adults now and anything we want/need we typically just buy the item ourselves.

Here's what I came up with. My friend and her husband were married in October of 2011, so I incorporated their wedding date into the piece as well. I had not been to her house in a while but knew she was decorating it in a coastal theme. Turns out the colors I picked went really well with her living room decor.

Happy Birthday friend!

Acrylic paint on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment