Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The day of green, rainbows, gold, and leprechauns. How did your family celebrate? My family celebrated by all wearing green. It was also our turn to provide snack for our bible fellowship class at our church. I took this opportunity to incorporate a bit more of St. Patrick's Day. I made a spinach quiche, a broccoli quiche, and rainbow fruit kabobs (a purple grape, two blueberries, a green grape, a piece of pineapple, a piece of cantaloupe, and strawberry). Yes, I did find the idea for the fruit kabobs on Pinterest, so I cannot take full credit for them.

Fruit kabobs
As St. Patrick's Day was approaching, I thought what my daughter had in her wardrobe to wear in honor of the holiday. She did not have any clothes with green on them. I looked at the typical children's clothing stores that I shop at for her and was not impressed with their selection. They had cute St. Patrick's Day clothes but nothing that I felt was church appropriate for her. My almost 8 month old daughter wears a dress to church every Sunday.

Before I had my daughter, I never paid attention to St. Patrick's Day. In fact, a lot of the time I would even forget to wear green on March 17. But now I take a closer look at ALL holidays on the calendar. Holidays have a whole new meaning now. I want to decorate everything to celebrate the holiday. Stay tuned for Easter...

I very happy with the finished product and I believe she looks quiet adorable in her dress. But it was definitely a hard process to get to the finished point. The pattern was a bit harder to read and follow then I anticipated. My mom, husband, google, and youtube were a great deal of help during challenging times. 

First for me - Completing the buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine.


Front
Back

My beautiful daughter in her St. Patrick's Day dress


No comments:

Post a Comment