Growing up in the midwest I was completely oblivious to stylings of southern culture. I knew nothing about sweet tea, SEC football, smocked dresses, seersucker, big hair, hair bows, and monograming. Who knows what my life would have been like if I had grown up exposed to these elements.
A little background on myself...I was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. While I ultimately graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelors degree in Accounting I spent time also studying architecture and interior design (as well as personal training, which lasted only a week). After graduating, I moved to the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC and married my brilliant, charming husband, Josh. Moving to Virginia opened my eyes to a bit of the "South". Yes, I realize that Virginia is not the deep south, but it definitely is crawling with southern flair.
Once in Virginia, I started my career in the fast paced, high demand environment of tax accounting. After a couple of years in accounting I realized that accounting was not God's plan for my life. I decided to follow my heart and became a preschool teacher. I remained in this positions until the birth of my first child, a daughter, in July 2012
Living in the "South" has opened my eyes to the charm and elegance of southern design. This along with my love of the great outfits I have seen for my daughter have inspired me to start Southern Charm, Northern Girl and create my own charming projects. The Southern Charm, Northern Girl blog is a way to document my journey as I start to implement southern culture on my daughter's wardrobe; and hopefully, turn it into a successful business. My goal is to provide southern style ideas and products for everyone regardless of geographic location.
What an awesome idea. I think you can do very well with this. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete